Twitter has now come up with a policy on deceased Users. Essentially if some one dies there are two basic options Options are delete the account, or receive archived tweets.
Here is a snippet of Their Policy:
If we are notified that a Twitter user has passed away, we can remove their account or assist family members in saving a backup of their public Tweets.
Please contact us with the following information:
- Your full name, contact information (including email address), and your relationship to the deceased user.
- The username of the Twitter account, or a link to the profile page of the Twitter account.
- A link to a public obituary or news article.
You can contact us at email@example.com, or by mail or fax:
The verification process is not too cumbersome. One has to only submit a newspaper article or an obituary.
Social media has along way to go on digital death and dying
Funeral industry|Funeral Blog by Your Funeral Guy digital funeral director
Related articles by Zemanta
- What Happens to Your Twitter Account When You Die? (mashable.com)
- Twitter Establishes Deceased User Policy (webpronews.com)