Here are the top ten Batesville Casket Company Articles of 2010- Batesville Casket Company is the largest supplier of Caskets in the United States.
- Inside Batesville Casket Company it is very competitive, Casket sales are down so much so that it is at least in the manufacturing plants-it’s dog eat dog http://yourfuneralguy.wordpress.com/2010/11/09/inside-batesville-casket-company-its-dog-eat-dog-your-funeral-guy/
- Cremation is taking the Batesville Casket Company Down As more and More People demand cremation there is less need.for caskets. http://yourfuneralguy.wordpress.com/2010/02/05/batesville-casket-cremation-will-take-down-the-funeral-yourfuneralguy/
- ConnectingDirectors.com has been chasing Batesvile Caskets since 2009. The Purchase of Goria Vaults, non funeral companies peaks the young webmaster’s interest at this site. http://yourfuneralguy.wordpress.com/2010/10/08/connectingdirectors-com-continues-to-chase-batesville-caskets/
- The Wall Street Journal has done an article on Hillenbrand Inc, HI and funeral cost. WSJ often takes down their links.http://yourfuneralguy.wordpress.com/2010/08/06/wsj-article-on-hi-and-funeral-cost-decline-your-funeral-guy/
- Can the casket company be raised from the dead?http://www.yourfuneralguy.com/2010/11/can-casket-industry-rise-from-the-dead-your-funeral-guy/
- The Funeral industry Decline has sponsored many alliances. In 2010 Batesville Casket Partnered with FTD Floristshttp://yourfuneralguy.wordpress.com/2010/11/03/batesville-casket-company-partners-wftd-yourfuneralguy/
- In 2010 a Lawsuit against Batesville casket was dismissed.http://yourfuneralguy.wordpress.com/2010/09/28/lawsuit-against-batesville-casket-company-dismissed-your-funeral-guy/
- Batesville Casket Company won a Mexican Knock off Casket Patent case.http://yourfuneralguy.wordpress.com/2010/12/20/batesville-wins-in-casket-patent-case-yourfuneral-guy/
- Early in 2010 Hillenbrand, Inc Had a Moody Credit downgrade.http://yourfuneralguy.wordpress.com/2010/01/11/nyse-hi-hillenbrandbatesville-casket-moodys-credit-downgrade-watch-yourfuneralguy/
- The Big story here is not a lawsuit. The Story is that the big three Casket Company may begin to sell directly to the consumers!http://yourfuneralguy.wordpress.com/2010/08/03/big-three-casket-companies-being-sued-your-funeral-guy/
There are more Batesville Casket Company Blog posts at your funeral guy blogs. Some are more controversial than those mentioned above.
Funeral Industry|funeral news| Funeral blog by Your Funeral Guy
The Wall Street Journal has done another article pointing to the rise of cremation and traditional
Hillenbrand, Inc- parent company, Batesville Casket moving away from funeral industry
funeral industry decline.
Hillenbrand Inc third quarter profits slumped. Hillenbrand(HI) is the parent Company of the Nations leading Casket Maker, Batesville Casket Company, Inc.
In today’s Economy folks are demanding to pay less in funeral cost. Hillenbrand recently made a non Funeral acquistion K-tron for almost half a billion dollars.
Hillenbrand Inc.’s (HI) fiscal third-quarter profit slumped 48% on surging acquisition costs while revenue jumped on the K-Tron acquisition, with results topping expectations.
The funeral-service products company suffered as economic uncertainties have prompted many families to choose cremation instead …
Funeral industry|Funeral News|Funeral Blog By Your Funeral Guy
The Parent Company of the worlds Leading Casket maker is taking the company away from the caskets. This is further indication of Steep Funeral Industry decline. This is good news for the funeral consumer. It is not good news for the local funeral home or for those seeking
“Funeral Director” as a career.
Hillenbrand Inc(HI) is the parent company and Batesville Casket Co is the leading casket maker in North America. Batesville takes about 45% of the 1.3 Billion Casket business.
A while back Hillenbrand CEO, Kenneth Camp said that we do not do lower cost caskets, Now the focus seems not to be on Caskets at all!
Snippet from the WSJ:
“Caskets are not a growing business, but it has extremely high cash generation,” Camp said. “To really change what we would do for the next hundred years, [caskets] are probably not the best place to deploy our cash and expertise.”
Camp is determined to transform Hillenbrand from strictly a casket maker into a diversified industrial company along the lines high-margin conglomerates Danaher Corp. (DNR), Illinois Tool Works Inc., (ITW) and Eaton Corp. (ETN). Hillenbrand’s first step toward a new identity came this spring when the company completed the purchase of industrial-mixing-equipment company K-Tron International Inc. for $435 million.via online.wsj.com
This is a strong indication of the continual rise of Cremation in America. and pressure on the Funeral Home on main street USA, accommodate the folks with the lower funeral cost.
Funeral industry|Funeral News|Funeral Blog by Your Funeral Guy
But demand for caskets has been declining as cremations become more common. Cremations as a percentage total deaths have been steadily growing by 1.2% annually
Batesville Casket Co Revenue down again after the worse year in it's history
Hillenbrand, Inc NYSE: HI is reporting another revenue decline and openingly stating the loss is due to Non Casketed Funerals.With this after the worse year in it’s history in 2009 the downward spiral of Batesville Casket Company continues.
This points to the continuous rise of cremation in the United States Of America along with the alternative funeral. Batesville reported a 3% Loss in Net Revenue.
Hillenbrand reported net revenue of $161.5 million for the first quarter of 2010, which ended December 31, 2009, a $5 million (3 percent) decline from the same period in fiscal 2009.
Funeral Industry|Funeral News | Funeral blog by Your Funeral Guy
Your Funeral Guy is the#1 Source for Batesville Casket News. There has been More stories at Your Funeral Guy blogs on Batesville Caskets, their financial reports and their expensive caskets than anywhere else on the Internet or in Newsprint . Here are the top ten recent stories.
Rise in Cremation will Continue
"Top Ten Batesville Casket Stories"
Batesville Casket has admitted that the numberof Casketed Deaths in North America is in steady decline.
NYSE(HI) Batesville Assembly Plant of theYear 09 |but where was the Casket Revenue?-YourFuneralGuy
The main lesson for the Funeral Consumer is “Avoid a Batesville Casket if you want to Come in under the average cost of a Funeral” or average funeral cost.-This is the opinion of Your Funeral Guy.
You do not Need a Michael Jackson Golden Casket or any of their high end products.
Funeral Industry|Funeral blog by Your Funeral Guy, Funeral Director, Illonois and Virginia.
One way Funeral Directors ad to the cost of a Funeral|Cremation is get you to buy a Cremation Casket
Batesville Casket Truck Picture
Batesville Casket has admitted that the numberof Casketed Deaths in North America is in steady decline.
The holding company for Batesville Casket has admitted that the number of Casketed deaths in the USA is down. This is an indication that the traditional funeral biz is in steady decline. Hillenbrand Inc( NYSE :HI), the Batesville parent said this in a statement to regulators.
Hillenbrand said in a regulatory filing that demographics and the popularity of cremation had led to the “steady decline in the total number of casketed deaths in North America.”
This is good news for the Funeral Consumer. When it comes to the funeral, economics and cremation have made coming in under the average cost of a funeral attainable through negotiation.
Funeral industry|Funeral News|Funeral blog by Your Funeral Guy.
In a presentation on a conference call Tuesday Hillenbrand CEO Kenneth Camp was critical of K-Tron management .K-Tron is the the plastics company purchased by the Coffin Giant. Camp said that K-tron had” limited lean experience.”
But Bateville (Hillenbrand Inc.) with all their lean cost cutting measures were not able to stop a signidicant revenue decline in 2009. Kamp and his lean Batesville Manufacturing Machine struck out in 09-Yest the Mighty Batesvllle did strike out. Many times the wiser course is to keep one’s mouth shut,
In a slight understatement, Hillenbrand’s Camp allowed that K-Tron’s products are quite different from Batesville Caskets’, but said, “We are both manufacturing companies that share similar processes and core operational values.” In slides presented in a conference call to investors, he indicated that K-Tron had “limited lean experience,” referring to lean manufacturing, and predicted that “meaningful improvement opportunities exist through the application of lean business practices.” But he also highlighted K-Tron’s experienced management team, its positive financial standing, and its international footprint as strong points.
The bottom line of what has happened in this transation is that Bates ville has gone outside the Casket Sale to increase revenue.
Funeral Industry|Funeral News Blog by Your Funeral Guy
Batesville truck pic fron flickr under the creative commons license from
Hillenbrand Inc (NYSE:HI)the parent company of Batesville Casket has gone outside the Funeral Industry to offset Revenue decline on Casket Sales in the Traditional Funeral Business. Today Hillenbrand Inc, announced the purchase K-Tron International, a company that operates outside the Funeral Industry.
Batesville the World's leading Casket Maker has had steep revenue decline
This is a further indication of traditional Funeral Industry failure. The leading casket maker in the world losing revenue fast goes outside “THE CASKET SALE” and THE FUNERAL INDUSTRY to increase revenue.
This sale presents stern warning to Funeral Homes, Funeral Directors, and those entering the Funeral Industry: eliminate overhead, embrace discounts and sell the lower cost funeral.
About K-Tron International, Inc.
K-Tron (www.ktroninternational.com) is a recognized leader in the design, production, marketing and servicing of material handling equipment and systems. The company serves many different industrial markets through two separate business lines. The Process Group focuses primarily on feeding and pneumatic conveying equipment, doing business under two main brands: K-Tron Feeders and K-Tron Premier….
- Hillenbrand expands and diversifies its business portfolio for long-term revenue and earnings growth.
- Batesville Casket and K-Tron will operate as separate business units.-From the Hillenbrand website
Funeral industry| Funeral Blog by Your Funeral Guy
Batesville Casket Truck picyure from flickr under the creative commons license from