Here are 25 funeral industry trends, funeral industry and Funeral predictions for 2011.
1. Traditional Funeral Industry will continue to decline.
2. Funeral Home profits will continue be less.
3.The Number of “Lower Cost” or discount Funeral Homes will grow.
4. Cremation will continue to rise.
5. Funeral preneed scandals will continue to abound.
6. More bodies will be put in the wrong graves.
7. The number of people cremated wrongly(mistakes) will grow.
8. More and more Funeral facilities will be used for other services(like weddings and birthdays)
9 Number of Non Claimed bodies will continue to increase.
10. The use of temporary Funeral Workers will grow.
11. More Funeral vendors will sell and communicate directly with the consumer.
12 Funeral homes will continue to use social media(facebook-Twitter etc) to communicate with Customers.
13. Video will continue to be important in communicating with the funeral customer
14 Funeral Industry companies will continue to diversify, going outside the Funeral Industry for income sources.
15. Home Funerals will increase.
16. Green Funerals and green burials will rise.
17. Funeral home’s will continue to aggressively market through their websites and blogs..
18. Funeral Homes and Funeral company mergers will be more will be more and more
19. Legacy.com will continue it’s worldwide obituary empire.
20 . The use of Part time funeral directors will continue to grow.
21. Alkaline Hydrolysis as a form of disposition will continue to be accepted
22.Alkaline Hydrolysis machines will be in installed in more countries in the World Including the USA.
23.Alliances and financial agreements will continue to grow between funeral companies, vendors and funeral homes.
24. Funeral Cartels will continue to protect themselves from the free market. This has been addressed in several blog posts. The Cartels being companies and associations gaining protection from the courts and the State Legislatures.
25. The Bereaved Consumers Bill of Rights Act will die in The US House of Representatives due to the Elelection of the Republicans
Funeral industry| Funeral News| Funeral Blog will continue