Contract Negotiations Are Resuming on Tuesday and Wednesday with the World’s Largest Funeral Corporation and Chicago Teamsters Local 727 Tuesday and Wednesday.
Being negotiated are wages(a freeze) an exit from the Teamsters union Pension Fund, and an increase in union employees health care benefit cost.
But If matters are not settledwill Service Corporation International, NYSE:SCI Funeral Homes will be affected in ChicagoLand. on July 1st 2010.
Here is list of the specific Funeral Homes that May be affected by a possible strike.The following are SCI-owned and operated facilities.
* Blake-Lamb Funeral Home, 4727 W. 103rd St., Oak Lawn, IL
* Blake-Lamb Funeral Home, 5015 Lincoln Ave., Lisle, IL
* Central Prep, 7347 N. Monticello Ave., Skokie, IL
* Chapel Hill West, 17W201 Roosevelt Road, Oak Brook Terrace, IL
* Chapel Hill Gardens South, 11333 S. Central Ave., Oak Lawn, IL
* Cypress Funeral Home, 1698 Bloomingdale Road, Glendale Heights, IL
* Drake & Son Funeral Home, 5303 N. Western Ave., Chicago, IL
* Funeraria de Angel Sagrado Corazon, 5219 S. Kedzie Ave., Chicago, IL
* Hennessy-Nowak Funeral Home, 400 Pulaski Road, Calumet City, IL
* Kenny Brothers Funeral Home, 3600 W. 95th St., Evergreen Park, IL
* Lloyd Mandel Levayah Funerals, 4750 W. Dempster St., Skokie, IL
* Marsh Funeral Home, 305 N. Cemetery Road, Gurnee, IL
* Malec Funeral Home, 6000 N. Milwaukee Ave., Chicago, IL
* Montclair-Lucania Funeral Home, 6901 W. Belmont Ave., Chicago, IL
* Piser Chapels, 9200 N. Skokie Blvd., Skokie, IL
* Ridge Funeral Home, 6620 W. Archer Ave., Chicago, IL
* William H Scott Funeral Home, 1100 Greenleaf Ave., Wilmette, IL
The final two bargaining sessions are scheduled for Tuesday, June 29, and Wednesday, June 30 – the day the current three-year contract expires. If an agreement cannot be reached, the funeral directors and drivers will take a strike vote on Wednesday, June 30.
“This gigantic corporation brings its own outside agenda to the communities where our members have been working and living for decades,” said John Coli Jr., Local 727 Vice President.
Funeral Industry|Funeral News |Funeral Blog by Your Funeral Guy
Do not Be fooled by the tame looking photo of the Service Corporation International website in the Featured Image. SCI Management is very agressive in treatment of their employees and customers.