In the book “Rest in Peace” (Rest in Peace, Insider Tips to the Low Cost Less Stress Funeral) you are given a Funeral Bill of Rights based upon the funeral rule.The Funeral Rule was upheld in March 2008, by the Federal Trade Commission. ( FTC)The Funeral Rule protects your rights to a lower cost Funeral And Helps you with Funeral Cost.
1. 1.You have the right to choose ONLY the funeral goods and services you want.
This means you are in charge. Remember your wants and needs come before that of the Funeral Director.
2. 2. The funeral provider must state or identify the goods and services in writing on the general price list.
3. 3. If you visit a Funeral Home you Must be given a casket price list.
Many Funeral Homes purposely do not do this—so they can make a huge profit on the casket.
4. 4.The funeral provider may not refuse, or charge a fee, to handle a third party casket you bought elsewhere.
It is usually best to get the casket off the internet.
5. 5.A funeral provider that offers cremations must make alternative containers available.
An alternative container is a cardboard type of container that is used in cremation in place of the casket.
· TERMS in the Funeral Rule:
Funeral goods” are products sold directly to the public in connection with funeral services or a funeral.
Funeral services” are services used to care for and prepare bodies for burial, cremation, or other final disposition. Funeral services and Funerals are also used to arrange, supervise, or conduct the funeral ceremony or final disposition of human remains.
Hospitals have their patient advocates….Who will be Your Funeral Advocate? FIND OUT HERE:
Rest in Peace: Insider’s Tips to the Low Cost Less Stress Funeral by R Brian Burkhardt and Matt Bacak. This work promotes broad prosperity, personal freedom, and a better future for all. It saves YOU money.
Your Funeral Guy, R.Brian Burkhardt, Author, Funeral Director, State Of Illinois, Commonwealth of Virginia,